Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Visual Symbols in my life

There are many visual symbols in my life. I know if they weren't there I would be lost or frustrated. For example, my tv has a light that indicates that it's off. If that light wasn't on my tv, I wouldn't know if my tv was on and begin to just randomly press buttons to figure out what the problem is. I find myself taking many visual symbols in my daily life for granted. The moment they are missing or not working is when I notice how important they are. Examples of visual symbols in my life are: when I can't see my clock, when a stop sign has been knocked down or a stop light is not working on an intersection, when your engine light in your car comes on, and when my wife leaves her flat iron on and the light stays on. It let's me know that I should turn it off before it causes a fire. Visual symbols are everywhere. We're just so subconsciously used to it that it's now subliminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment